By Pamela Morgan
|Serves: 6||Cuisine: American|
Layer the flavors with Smoked Cinnamon and Okinawa Kokuto Brown Sugar.
- For Soup
- 3 tablespoons Calvi "Quadro" Filtered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped Carrot
- ½ cup chopped Yellow Onion
- 4 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Wellington's Organic Bay Leaf
- 6 ½ cups Chicken Stock
- ¾ teaspoon La Boite's Smoked Cinnamon N.18
- ¼ teaspoon Wellington's Nutmeg from Grenada
- Salt & Freshly ground Wellington's Organic Black Pepper
- 1 (29-ounce) can solid-pack Pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced Leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 4 sprigs fresh Thyme (or 1 ½ teaspoon of Wellington's Organic dried Thyme)
- 2 tablespoons Okinawa Kokuto Brown Sugar. (you can put it in a zip lock bag and crush with a sturdy spoon, or quickly pulse in a food processor)
- For Finish
- ¾ cup raw Cashews, that have been soaked water overnight and drained
- ¾ cup Water
- 2 Dates
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Sage leaves (or 2 teaspoons Wellington's dried Sage)
- Heat oil in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add the leek, carrot, onion, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, for 10 minutes. Add the chicken stock, pumpkin, brown sugar, smoked cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer, then partially cover, lower the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Season.
- In a Vita-mix or food processor, puree drained cashews with water and 2 dates until very smooth.
- Puree soup (in batches, if necessary) using your preferred method: food mill, blender, food processor, or immersion blender. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Divide soup evenly amongst bowls and drizzle with cashew cream. Sprinkle with sage.