|Serves: Varies||Cuisine: Greek|
This tomato hummus recipe reaches great heights with a secret ingredient: Anydros Tomato Caviar from Santorini. This is so intensely flavored and rich that the producer, a renowned botanist, chose to call it “caviar”. This organic wonder is also amazingly low in acidity. We have it on hand in the kitchen all the time to elevate sauces, dress pasta, or spread with goat cheese on crusty bread.
Make this recipe for a crowd, or halve it for smaller gatherings.
- (3) to (4) 15-16 oz cans Garbanzo Beans/Chick Peas, drained
- (1) 7.6 ounce/215 gram jars of Anydros Santorini Tomato Caviar spread (you may want a bit more to taste, we like it a bit richer with tomato flavor, and can be eaten on bread too as you prepare this!)Anydros Tomato Caviar
- 4 oz Water (maybe less depending on consistency)
- Taste of Crete Organic Olive Oil as needed to thin hummus to your preference
- ⅓ cup Lemon Juice
- 1.5 lbs Tahini
- ½ tsp Salt (can adjust)
- 1 tbsp cracked Pepper
- 3 tbsp Organic Oregano
- Place the garbanzo beans in a food processor till are smooth consistency. Combine with remaining ingredients, holding in reserve some of the oil and water depending on consistency. May need to add a little additional salt if needed.
We’re awaiting fresh stock of Anydros Tomato Caviar from Santorini.
Check back soon!!