By Parvaneh Holloway
|Serves: 6||Cuisine: Persian|
Here is a great new recipe by our good friend and lovely lady, Parvaneh Holloway. The perfect finish to a perfect authentic Persian Dinner, her Ranginak, or Persian Date Cake.
- In a skillet, grill the walnuts over a low heat tor 5 minutes. Add the dates to the walnuts and mix well.
- Combine ground cinnamon and cardamom. Set aside.
- In a large deep skillet, melt butter and sauté flour over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is caramel color.
- Add confectioners sugar and half the spices. Mix thoroughly over medium heat for 3 minutes, and then remove from heat.
- Arrange the walnuts and dates in a cookie tray; sprinkle the rest of the spices evenly over the top. Spread dough evenly all over. Pack and smooth well with a spatula. Decorate with the crushed pistachio nuts.
- After Ranginak is fully chilled, cut into small pieces and enjoy them with aromatic Persian tea.