By Parvaneh Holloway
|Serves: 10||Cuisine: Persian|
- In a large, deep skillet, melt the butter and stir in the flour gradually.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon. Brown over a low heat for approximately 45 minutes until caramel colored. Remove from heat. Place sugar and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil and dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat, add saffron, rosewater, and cardamom. Mix well. With a wooden spoon, gradually, stir sugar syrup into the hot flour and butter mixture, stirring quickly and constantly into a thick, smooth paste.
- Transfer to a flat plate, pack firmly with the back of a spoon. Garnish with chopped pistachio nuts.
- Chill your Persian Halva and store in airtight container.