Crusty bread with a drizzle of Pumpkin Seed Oil, topped with sliced Pear and Gorgonzola cheese makes for a delicious appetizer or snack.
- 1 loaf of crusty bread French or Italian bread, cut into ¾” slices
- 3 ripe, but not too soft, Anjou or Bosc Pears, cut into thin wedges
- ⅓ cup Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil
- ½ cup toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 4 to 6 ounces Gorgonzola Cheese, or any good quality Blue Cheese (like Stilton), thinly sliced or crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°. Brush bread slices with half the pumpkin seed oil. Place brushed side up on a baking sheet, and bake until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven. While still warm, place cheese and pears on toasted rolls.
- Arrange rolls on a serving tray. Top with pumpkin seed, and drizzle with remaining pumpkin seed oil. Serve warm or at room temperature.