By Jennifer Clair
This flavorful vinaigrette can also be spooned over grilled swordfish, poached or grilled salmon, or baked whole snapper.
- ⅓ cup chopped Kalamata Olives
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 2 large Oranges, segmented and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Flat-leaf Parsley
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Capers
- 2 tablespoons Dried Currants
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for tuna
- 4 eight-ounce Tuna Steaks, about 1 inch thick
- Kosher Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper
- Combine all the ingredients except for the tuna in a small bowl, and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot (it will smoke slightly), add the tuna steaks.
- Sear the tuna steaks for 1 to ½ minutes per side (less if the tuna steaks are thinner than 1 inch), until the outside is well-browned but the inside is still red.
- Slice the tuna into ½-inch slices and serve with the compote drizzle over the top.