Try our recipe for Pumpkin Seed Oil Risotto, a great dish for autumn or any time of year.
- 3 Cups Organic Arborio Rice
- 3 Onions, chopped
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 8 Cups Chicken Stock
- 4 Tbsp Calvi Mosto Oro, 100% Taggiasca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Avocados, cubed
- 4 oz Arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Sauté onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add rice and stir for about 2 minutes, until lightly toasted. Deglaze with white wine.
- Add hot stock 1 cup at a time until all liquid is absorbed. Continue adding stock until all 8 cups are used and rice is creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan.
- Add avocado and stir until pieces melt. Stir in arugula and Pumpkin Seed Oil, adding oil and salt to taste.
Pumpkin Seed Oil Tips
- Add salt and pepper and serve as a dip for good bread
- Drizzle over potato salad
- Original Styrian salad dressing calls for pumpkin seed oil, cider vinegar, and a dash of salt. Use over lettuce, potatoes, beans, etc.
- Amazing when combined with honey.
- Blend Pumpkin Seed Oil, honey, and butter for a delicious spread
- Use in lieu of butter for corn on the cob or popcorn.
- Drizzle in your favorite soup
- Lovely with avocados
- Delicious as a dressing for Chicken Salad. Just mix 4 T. Pumpkin Seed Oil with 1 cup mayonnaise and 4 T. Dijon mustard! Mix well with 4 cups shredded chicken and 1 cup sliced scallions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Organic and rich in Omega 3, 6 and 9, Vitamins E and A, and Minerals Magnesium and Zinc
- To remove pumpkin seed oil stains, simply wash the item and then hang it out to dry in the sun. The sun will fade the stain and it will disappear like magic.
- Austria’s Favorite use? Drizzle Stoeger Pumpkin Seed Oil over good vanilla ice cream, top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with organic Styrian pumpkin seeds.