By Adam Halberg
|Serves: 2||Cuisine: Spanish|
Executive Chef Adam Halberg of the Barcelona Restaurants Group demonstrates how to make a delicious and authentic Chicory Salad with Nail Sardines and Largueta Almonds using our traditional Spanish ingredients.
- Wash the Chicory and trim any bruised ends.
- Cut the Cabbage into strips about the same size as the Chicory.
- Put the Chicory and Cabbage in a medium-sized mixing bowl and sprinkle evenly with the Kosher Salt.
- Add one Nail Sardine to the bowl and mash it with a fork, mixing so that some mashed sardine gets stuck to every piece of lettuce.
- Add the Vinegar, Olive Oil and Almonds to the bowl and mix well.
- Taste the Salad and adjust the seasoning as desired.
- Divide the Salad onto two plates, making sure that the almonds are evenly incorporated.
- Dust the Pimenton evenly over the top of each salad.
- Garnish each Salad with a whole Nail Sardine and serve.