By David Malbequi
Great simple crudo recipe created by David Malbequi.
- 2 tbs Bergamot oil
- 4 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- 1 tbs Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs Shallot, chopped
- 1 sprig Thyme – leaves only, chopped
- 1 Avocado – peeled and diced to ¼ inch cubes
- 3 Breakfast Radishes – washed and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Cilantro leaves – coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Cancale Spice Blend N.11
- ¾ pound Fluke fillet – skinless
- 2 tbs Blood orange juice reduction (1 cup of blood orange juice reduced to 2 tbs)
- In a bowl whisk together the Bergamot oil, olive oil, reduced blood orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, shallot and thyme.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the fluke fillets into 1/8 inch slices. Divide the fluke slice in four and place them overlapping each other onto four serving plates.
- Garnish each plate with the avocado dice and radish slices. Drizzle the bergamot vinaigrette over the fish. Sprinkle the fish with the Cancale salt blend, cilantro, and black pepper.
Additional ideas: The Bergamot vinaigrette could be used for salads and raw vegetables.