|Serves: 4||Cuisine: American|
New chef Spencer Schmerzler has created and impressive and easy-to-make dish using some of our best (and favorite) ingredients. Spice Master Lior’s Mish Mish blend and Nahia Fleur de Sel with Espelette Pepper add new dimensions of flavor to a complete dinner in one dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare each chicken breast: starting at the thickest part of the breast, slice the breast in half without cutting through. Push the breast down so the prepared breast is even.
- Evenly apply the Mish Mish Spice Blend to the chicken. Sprinkle with Fleur de Sel with Espelette pepper.
- Heat a pan with Olive Oil and Butter. Quickly brown both sides of the chicken, but do not cook through.
- Transfer to a baking tray and set the pan you cooked in aside.
- Bake chicken until cooked through.
For Onions and Asparagus:
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- While waiting, trim the ends off the asparagus about ½ inch up.
- Blanch the asparagus.
- In the reserved pan that the chicken was cooked in, add some more oil and butter if needed.
- Sauté the onions and garlic until just before translucent.
- Add Mish Mish and Fleur de Sel with Espelette pepper to taste.
- Add Asparagus to the onion mixture for a few minutes then remove.
- When plating, top the asparagus with onions.