By Daniele Kucera
|Serves: 8||Cuisine: Italian|
Our friend Daniele at Etcetera Etcetera, a Italian gem in New York’s Theater District, created this wonderful chocolate pudding recipe for us recently. Enjoy!
- In a 4 quart saucepan on medium heat add 1 cup of milk, heavy cream, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate, Fleur de Sel with Piment d’Espelette and the vanilla. Bring to a boil on medium heat stirring every so often.
- In a separate bowl put the remaining milk and cornstarch mix together until the starch has dissolved completely.
- Lower the flame on the stove and slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Continue to whisk the pudding and add the butter and the eggs whisking in continuously until smooth. Allow the pudding to simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- Take the pudding off of the stove and spoon into serving bowls. Allow to cool at room temperature, cover with plastic film and refrigerate.
- Lightly sprinkle the Piment d’Espelette on top before serving to taste.