Marinated Shrimp with Crunchy Vegetables
||Prep Time: 15 minutes
- ¼ cup Carrots, cut into small dice
- ¼ cup Zucchini, cut into small dice
- ¼ cup Fennel, cut into small dice
- ¼ cup Celery Root if available, or celery, cut into small dice
- Fleur de Sel & Piment d’Espelette to taste
- ¾ to 1 lb. Shrimp
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 ½ tbsp Honey
- 1 ½ tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp Oyster Sauce (optional)
- ½ tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- Cut all the vegetables into small dice. Season them with salt and put aside.
- Mix together all other marinade ingredients at room temperature.
- Peel the shrimp, pour over marinade, cover and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Arrange the cubed vegetables on plates or soup spoons. Place the drained shrimp on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with Piment d’Espelette.