By Francis Reynard
- 6 Heirloom Tomatoes of different colors (red, purple, yellow, orange, green if possible), firm
- 1 cup Calvi Lucinasco Riviera Ligure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Scarmozza Cheese
- 2 Shallots
- 12 Nyons Black Olives, pitted
- Fresh Basil
- Salt, Pepper
- La Boite a Epices Chios Spice Blend
- Arugula –small bunch of small leaves, cleaned and washed
- Wash tomatoes, cut them into 2 and remove seeds. Then cut into a small dice. Thinly slice the shallots. Dice half of the olives and put together with tomatoes in a bowl. Chop a few leaves of basil and add to the tomato blend. In a blender, place remaining black olives, salt, pepper, olive oil, 2 pinches of Chios spices and blend into a vinaigrette. Cut Scamorza into thin slices.
- On the plate, place a 4” circular ring and fill with the tomato mixture. With a spoon, drizzle the vinaigrette on top and remove ring. Add Scarmozza around the tomato tartare and garnish with basil and leaves of arugula.