|Serves: 12||Cuisine: Japanese|
Highly fragrant and mildly acid YUZUKKO, yuzu juice, from Yuzuya Honten is tempting to make varieties of desserts. Among all, in this sorbet you taste the best, straightforward and refreshing yuzu flavor and aroma.
In order to make the perfect yuzu-orange sorbet I have acquired a perfect ice cream maker. The machine makes this special sorbet so easy that I will be making and sharing it with family and friends throughout the year. Yuzu refreshing taste goes very well with any meal.
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 blood orange or other orange
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons Yuzukko Yuzu Juice
- Mint leaves
- Freeze a freezer bowl of the ice cream machine for 16 hours to 24 hours. In a medium pot add the water and sugar and put it over medium-low heat. Cook the mixture, stirring with a whisk, until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn off the heat and cool the syrup. Using a fine grater grate the orange rind. Combine the cooled syrup, cold orange juice and yuzu juice. Peel the skin of the orange and separate each section. Set aside.
- Set up the frozen freezer bowl and a mixing paddle on the ice cream maker base. Turn on the machine. Then, pour in the cold syrup and yuzu-orange juice mixture little by little to the freezer bowl. The sorbet is ready in about 15 minutes.
- Before turning off the machine add the grated orange rind and process until it is uniformly blended through the sorbet. Serve the sorbet with sectioned orange slices and mint leaves.